2022 Hybrid Annual Meeting
The 2022 Annual Meeting was held as a hybrid event. Members were able to participate online or attend in-person on Wednesday, April 13, 2022. The in-person event was hosted in the Waymore Dome at Riverdale Regional Park (Adams County Fairgrounds). The virtual meeting was streamed live on the cooperative's website.
The following persons have been nominated by petition to run for Director of United Power, Inc., in conjunction with the Annual Meeting of Members scheduled April 13, 2022. Districts East, South and West are up for three-year terms. 2022 Director Candidates are as follows:
|District E (East)|
Steven "Steve" Douglas
Naptali A. Lucks
Elizabeth "Beth" A. Martin
|District S (South)|
|District W (West)|
|Ursula J. Morgan||5,337|
TUESDAY, MARCH 22, 2022 | 7:30 a.m.
Coal Creek Canyon Community Center
3158 Highway 72, Golden, CO 80403
MONDAY, MARCH 28, 2022 | 6:30 p.m.
Riverdale Regional Park
9755 Henderson Road, Brighton 80601
Hybrid Event (watch this page for live link)
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30, 2022 | 7:30 a.m.
Fort Lupton Recreation Center
Multi-purpose Room 3
203 S. Harrison, Fort Lupton 80621
THURSDAY, MARCH 31, 2022 | 6:30 p.m.
Carbon Valley Service Center
9586 E I-5 Frontage Road, Longmont 80504
Meet the Candidate forums subject to change or cancellation.
It is important to note that United Power directors are elected on an ‘at-large’ basis, meaning that members should cast a vote for one director in each district, regardless of where the member lives. This election policy is in place because directors represent all members, as well as the overall welfare of the cooperative. Directors serve from geographic districts to ensure adequate accessibility for members and a representative cross-section of the membership on the board.
- Login to your United Power online account via the website or the mobile app.
- Don’t have an online account? Register here.
- Don’t have an online account? Register here.
- Click “Vote Now” on the online account home screen.
- Click “Go to Ballot” after reviewing the voting instructions.
- Select one candidate in each district and click “Go to Ballot Confirmation.”
- Review your completed ballot and click “Change Votes” to edit, or click “Submit Ballot” to complete your vote.
- Your ballot is now complete. Enter your email on this final confirmation screen to have a confirmation emailed to you.
Voting by Mail Ballot
- Vote your ballot ensuring you have selected one candidate in each district.
- Place your ballot in the secret ballot envelope (optional).
- Place your ballot in the business reply envelope.
- Sign the back of the business reply envelope (State law requires the member’s signature for the ballot to be valid. Please follow signature instructions carefully).
- Mail your ballot postpaid before the deadline listed in your ballot packet.
Signing Your Mail Ballot
When signing your ballot envelope, please follow these instructions carefully:
- If the membership is owned by a human being, that person should sign his or her name on the top line as it appears on the label.
- If the membership is owned jointly, only one of the joint owners needs to sign.
- If the membership is owned by a corporation, partnership, or other legal entity, including the estate of a deceased person, the person signing must place his or her signature on the first line and indicate his or her title or lawful representative capacity on the second line. For example:
- A person signing for a partnership should sign “John Doe” on the top line and “Partner” on the second line.
- A person signing for a corporation should sign “John Doe” on the top line and “President” (or other office) on the second line;
- A person signing for a trade name should sign “John Doe” on the top line, and “owner” on the second line;
- If the member is deceased, the personal representative of the estate should sign their name on the top line, and state “Jane Doe, Personal Representative of the estate of John Doe,” on the second line;
- If a person is unable to write a signature, his or her mark will be accepted if a witness is present and signs “John Doe is unable to sign, but made his or her mark as his or her intended signature in my presence. Jane Doe, witness.
Survey and Ballot Systems, a reputable election organization and verification service, will be tabulating all ballots. Ballots are mailed directly to Survey and Ballot Systems’ post office box. To be valid, mail ballots must be received at the post office box by the deadline listed in the ballot packet. Proxy voting is not permitted by state law.
United Power’s members elect their board by secret ballot at the Annual Meeting of Members held each spring. United Power’s board members, elected at-large, serve three-year, staggered terms, and serve from specific geographic districts within the United Power service area. There are currently four director districts: West, East, South and Mountain. Your district appears in the top box on the right hand side of your bill.
Unlike governmental elections, not all registered voters in the household can vote in the United Power elections. Members have one vote for each membership (account) with United Power. Only the person whose name is on the United Power account is eligible to vote. Members who are unclear of their membership or account status are urged to call United Power’s Member Services department at 303-637-1300 for verification.
Running for the Board
To be eligible to become or remain a director, a person must be a United Power member and receive electric service from United Power at the member’s primary residence in the district he or she represents. A director cannot be engaged in a competing enterprise or in other businesses involving a conflict of interest. United Power’s bylaws provide in-depth information on director districts, qualifications, terms, elections, meetings and officers.
Nominations by written petition must state the name and district of the nominee and must be signed by 15 or more United Power members. Petitions are available at United Power’s headquarters office in Brighton. Additional information may be obtained by calling United Power’s Executive Department at 303-659-0551. We ask any member interested in nomination to complete a biographical request form, available through the Executive Department.
Bill Credit $100.00 Jacqlyn McKim
Bill Credit $100.00 Pauline Ortega
Bill Credit $100.00 Nicole Gomez
Bill Credit $100.00 Charles Wacker
Bill Credit $100.00 Mitchell Ross
Bill Credit $100.00 Mark Janzen
Bill Credit $100.00 Paul Johnson
Bill Credit $100.00 Richard Maul
Bill Credit $100.00 Glenn Clark
Bill Credit $100.00 Anita Owens
King Soopers $50.00 Thomas Wonder
King Soopers $50.00 Bruce Janetze
Starbucks Gift Card $50.00 Mel Koeller
Starbucks Gift Card $50.00 Lydia Jones
Bass Pro Shops Gift Card $50.00 Victoria Turner
Bass Pro Shops Gift Card $50.00 Elizabeth York
Bass Pro Shops Gift Card $50.00 Kevin Kildow
Bass Pro Shops Gift Card $50.00 Pat Hamilton
Bass Pro Shops Gift Card $50.00 Laura Hargis
Bass Pro Shops Gift Card $50.00 Clifford Schertz
Lowe's Gift Card $50.00 Max Pieper
Lowe's Gift Card $50.00 Cindy Lippman
Best Buy Gift Card $50.00 Jinx Webb
Best Buy Gift Card $50.00 Donna Ramirez
Amazon Gift Card $50.00 Troy Norby
Amazon Gift Card $50.00 Dennis Mathistad
Door Dash Gift Card $50.00 Jeanette Litvak Darden
Restaurant Gift Card $50.00 Dana Gallegos
Michael's Gift Card $50.00 Robert Rentz
Barnes & Boble Gift Card $50.00 David Hayden
Texas Roadhouse Gift Card $50.00 John Sadowski
Cinnabrew $50.00 Thilda Steinberg