EV Make-Ready Wiring Rebate
United Power is pleased to introduce a new rebate opportunity for our residential members who own an electric vehicle. Our EV Make-Ready Wiring Rebate program helps to offset the cost of electrical wiring associated with the installation of an EV charger outlet.
A new United EV pilot program offers a ChargePoint Level 2 at-home vehicle charger for a flat monthly fee. Additional EV wiring rebate dollars are available with enrollment in the United EV pilot program.
|EV Make-Ready Wiring Rebate|
|Rebate toward the cost of a licensed electrician to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet for a Level 2 vehicle charger.||
- You must be a United Power member receiving permanent residential electric service.
- Rebate available for 50% of the cost of licensed electrician invoice.
- Without United EV enrollment, members eligible for max. $500.
- United EV program participants eligible for max. $1,000.
- Rebate application required within 90 days of installation.
- Rebate limited to once per service location for total of labor and materials invoice for wiring associated with installation of a NEMA 14-50 outlet(s).
- Electrical outlet must be located within 12 inches of charger location. See outlet specifications.
- Rebates issued as a check payment to the account holder and mailed to the service location.
- United Power is required to collect W9s for wiring rebates equal to or greater than $600.*
- Allow six to eight weeks for processing.
ChargePoint Wiring Specifications
If you are enrolled in United EV and using a ChargePoint Home Flex, or you are installing your own, please refer to the ChargePoint outlet installation specifications and share them with your electrician.
Required with Application
- Invoice from the installer – itemized receipt
- Picture of the outlet and the breaker
*Taxes – By requesting a rebate, you acknowledge and agree that you are and will be solely responsible for any and all applicable state and federal taxes on any rebates you receive through this program. United Power will provide you with a Form 1099 prior to the tax filing deadline for the year in which you receive a rebate from United Power.
If your rebate amount is equal to or greater than $600, United Power is required to collect a W9. If you do not have a W9, please fill out this form with the IRS. Submit using the secure upload below.