- Single phase 400A and above must be CT
- Three Phase 200A and above must be CT
- Disconnect before CT not required unless there is more than one meter
- Require cold sequencing on all commercial services
- United Power will supply CTs and meter housing
- Meter height — 5.5 feet to center
- Meter CT not allowed on XFMR
- Ground to meter base
- Brass tag must be on meter housing to set meter when there are multiple meters
- 5 foot of wire atop the mast to tie into transformer
Your new construction is ready for the meter once the job is complete. Upon installation, the electrician-installed meter housing will need to be inspected by the city and/or county. The inspector will set up a meter release to United Power.
Once receive the meter release and have all the information (including billing info, is it energized and map location), we can send to Operations. It may take up to 10 business days for Operations to set the meter.
For inspections, please contact the local city and/or county of your new construction project.
For laterals, please contact one of the following:
- Site Wise, 303-430-1414
- Rocky Mountain Utility Services, 303-617-0517
United Power is adding the finishing touches to the new web and mobile device application for:
- Inspectors to submit electric inspection releases.
- Homebuilders to request a meter connect.
- Contractors to notify that the service lateral in a subdivision has been installed.
- The Public to use a General View for service updates.
Be on the lookout for invitations for training and instructions for use.