United Power Battery Pilot Program
United Power is offering a new Battery Pilot Program for residential and commercial members. Members with qualifying battery storage equipment are eligible for a monthly incentive when they help provide power to the local grid.
United Power has partnered with Generac and Lithion/Sol-Ark to provide the battery pilot program to cooperative members. Under this partnership, United Power will have access to the battery software for monitoring and control of the battery system.
Eligible Residential Batteries
- A PWRcell Solar + Battery Storage system has all the power and capacity you need, enough to save money on energy bills and keep the whole home powered when the grid goes down.
Lithion HomeGrid Stack'd series with Sol-Ark inverter
- Lithion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of primary and secondary battery cells, rechargeable and non-rechargeable battery packs and battery modules. HomeGrid is a subsidiary of Lithion and prides itself on providing the best energy storage solutions in the industry.
- Sol-Ark is a solar and energy storage technology firm founded in 2013 by local veterans and security-minded power engineers.
Eligible Commercial Batteries
Lithion Commercial Series or GridBox Series with Sol-Ark inverter
- The Commercial Series is modular in nature and offers multiple ordering options, ranging from single-phase/three-phase with 27kW output to ordering a unit full of batteries at 76.8kWh.
- The GridBox Series offers high output and is available in several capacities up to 382kWh. Inverter outputs 3-phase 480v AC.
- Sol-Ark is the most advanced solar-generator-system available on the market. Built to provide limitless energy independence to business owners.
Battery equipment and installation loans are available to qualifying members through the Colorado Clean Energy Fund.
Residential Energy Upgrade (RENU) Loan
Loan Amount: Up to $75,000
Term: Up to 20 years; no money down
Rate: Low, fixed interest rate
Repayment: Monthly principal & interest payments; no prepayment penalties
Security: Secured by UCC-1 filing on installed measures only; no lien placed on property
Speed: Financing approvals generally within several business days
To qualify for the RENU loan, battery installation must be completed by a RENU-certified contractor.
Colorado Clean Energy Commercial Loans
Loan Amount: Up to $1,000,000
Term: Up to 15 years
Rate: Below market rates, dependent on term
Repayment: Monthly principal & interest payments
Security: UCC-1 filing or senior/subordinate lien interest in subject property
Speed: Access to funding within 30 days of application submission
Residential Battery Interconnections
Commercial Battery Interconnections
How Enrollment Works
By enrolling in the United Power Battery Pilot Program, you agree to:
- Keep the battery connected to the United Power grid
- Allow United Power to access the battery software and collect data on the performance of the battery
- Adhere to the charge and discharge schedule set by United Power each month:
- Mondays through Fridays, 4 - 8 p.m.
- Note: 30% of the battery will be reserved for the member and will not be controlled by United Power
In exchange, United Power will provide a credit on your monthly bill according to the size of your battery as defined in the menu below. All monthly bill credits under the pilot program will expire on Aug. 31, 2028.
Choose your battery size below:
By allowing United Power to discharge your battery during peak power hours, you are helping the cooperative manage peak loads. Working together to reduce the need for higher priced peak power keeps costs lower for all United Power members. For your participation, you will receive a monthly incentive, which helps extend the investment you have made in battery storage equipment.
The United Power battery program is available only to Generac, Lithion, and Sol-Ark battery equipment. These brands provide the software and access that allows United Power to schedule and control discharge events.
You are free to use any vendor to purchase and install your battery equipment. United Power does not provide referrals for any vendors, nor do we partner with any vendors to sell battery equipment.
Please note: If you apply for financing through the State of Colorado for the Colorado Clean Energy Fund, you may be required to use one of their certified contractors.
United Power will discharge participating batteries each weekday between 4 – 8 p.m., amounting to 260 times each year.
United Power will only discharge 70% of your stored energy, leaving 30% in reserve to cover any unplanned outages.
For members with solar generation systems, the battery will be recharged using your solar if configured to do so. For members without solar, the battery will be recharged via grid power at the applicable rate. Work with your installation contractor to identify the best configuration for your energy needs, rate structure, and equipment.
The United Power battery program will discharge your battery on weekdays, amounting to 260 events per year. Batteries are warrantied for over 4,000 cycles over the life of the battery.